health and beauty rocsi's remarks

My Holiday Haul: 7 Perfect Gifts for the Makeup Addict in Your Life

December 15, 2017

Last week I did some Christmas shopping for my family and friends and, somehow, along the way I ended up picking up a few gifts for myself (it’s good to treat yourself every once in a while, lol). I went to Riley Rose, Clinique and M.A.C. and found so many amazing products! If you, or anyone you know is obsessed with cosmetics like I am, these will make the perfect gifts!

Luxie Rose Gold Synthetic 5 Piece Kabuki Brush Set. I got this kit from Riley Rose and it’s amazing! The brushes are so pretty and they’re my favorite kind because they’re super dense, making them great for applying foundation flawlessly! My favorite is the “tulip” brush because it’s perfect for blending under my eyes and around my mouth. It’s also important to note that these brushes are hand-crafted and made from hypoallergenic, high-quality, vegan and cruelty-free materials (in other words, they’re good for your skin)!

The Creme Shop “Shore Thing” Highlighter Brush. So, this mermaid-inspired brush that I got from Riley Rose immediately caught my eye because of how pretty it was! I was also in need of a new highlighter brush (I’m not a huge fan of the fan brushes. No pun intended). I like how evenly this brush applies my highlighter!

Laura Geller Spackle Mist. I got this facial spray from Riley Rose, but you can also find it at Ulta Beauty. I must say that I love this stuff. You can use it to prime your face, set your makeup or simply hydrate your skin when it’s feeling dry. What I like most about this spray is that it’s unscented and free of silicone and oil. When it comes to my skin, I have to keep it simple, and this product does just that. It keeps my face hydrated and my makeup in place all day! Win-win!

Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator. Another amazing product that I got from Riley Rose (by now you can probably tell I’m obsessed with that store, lol). I was looking for a new highlighter in a more natural color; I ended up purchasing this product in the color Gilded Honey. It’s perfect for achieving that effortless, everyday natural glow look.

Makeup Sponge. Any makeup lover’s staple product: a makeup sponge! Yes, I do have a Beauty Blender, but I wanted to try a new sponge with flat edges so I picked one up for 3 dollars at (you guessed it) RILEY ROSE! I’m happy I added this makeup sponge to my collection; it’s great for applying powder under my eyes as well as all over my face. This can also be used to apply foundation.

Clinique Blended Face Powder. If you’ve been following me for a while, then you already know that this product is one of my favorites. I use this stuff all the time so I run out of it pretty quickly. This is one of my all-time favorite products because it helps to keep my oily skin matte all day! If you or the makeup addict you know is on #teamoily, this is for them! (I got a sample of the Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream with my purchase).

M.A.C. Snow Ball Face Bag. I’ve been on the hunt for this bag for months! It comes with a sparkly gold bag, the beautiful Whisper of Gilt highlighter and an exclusive rose gold-handled 140 Synthetic Full Fan Brush. I haven’t used the highlighter brush yet, but I’m anxious to see how it compares to my older brushes. This set is perfect for the holidays!

Here’s a closer look at some of the products.

Let me know what you guy’s think about these products! Are there any others that you’d recommend? I’m always looking to try to new makeup! Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Kasia Olszewski December 16, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Luxie is one of my favorite brush brands! I definitely have to get my hands on the Kabuki set.

• Reply Joleisa December 17, 2017 at 2:07 am

Loving you haul! I’m not a makeup person myself but would love to hear your recommendation for a facial night cream and also one to moisturize your (my) face in the morning. My skin is oily.

• Reply Rocsi December 18, 2017 at 9:30 am

I would recommend Clinique or Josie Maran for face creams. They both offer really great serums and moisturizers. Clinique also has day and night creams depending on your skin type! Since your skin is oily, I would definitely recommend a gel-based product like Clinique’s Moisture Surge.

• Reply Ashtyn December 18, 2017 at 8:49 am

Those rose gold brushes are beautiful! I keep telling myself that I don’t need anymore makeup products but this makes me want to go shopping right now! Lol

• Reply Aly Hester December 18, 2017 at 1:42 pm

GAHHH THOSE BRUSHES ARE TO DIE FOR! Going to go get myself some now (as I was already on the hunt for new brushes lol)

• Reply bhavana December 18, 2017 at 6:48 pm

i will try these brushes.. thanks for the review

• Reply Toni December 19, 2017 at 8:52 am

LOVE all of this. Those brushes! WOW.

• Reply Alice December 19, 2017 at 9:22 am

I love the brushes! I actually only have some cheap travel brushes I got years ago so these are looking tempting right now!

• Reply Nicki December 19, 2017 at 2:11 pm

I would recommend the Anastacia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette it is the most amazing palette. These suggestions are great

• Reply chels December 19, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Girl this haul is to die for! Thanks for making me not feel bad for picking up a few pick-me-ups!!

• Reply Ashli December 19, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Makeup brushes are my weakness! I think you just gave me a reason to spend more money 🤔lol

• Reply Jane December 20, 2017 at 4:50 am

Clinique Blended Face Powder is totally for me…. I am so on #Teamoily 🙂 it sucks, I know. I love the whole haul. Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Reply Naomi Destiny December 20, 2017 at 5:50 am

I love the set of brushes and the spackle mist! They are beautiful and tempting to get. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Kathryn December 20, 2017 at 5:51 am

What a awesome haul.! I’m really like those rose gold makeup brush set. Also loving that Mac snow ball face bag (cute)

• Reply Kelly December 20, 2017 at 8:32 am

These are awesome!! I am always struggling with makeup gifts and even things for myself! I don’t really enjoy makeup so I never know what to buy! I definitely need some new brushes, though! I’m going to try your suggestions! Thanks!

• Reply princy December 20, 2017 at 10:49 am

I am not much of a makeup person, but these look like really good options. thanks

• Reply Emily December 20, 2017 at 11:36 am

These are great! I’ve never heard of that brand of brushes before but I’m def gonna check them out!

• Reply Lisa December 20, 2017 at 2:25 pm

I have way to many makeup loving friends that would love this! Those makeup brushes are the cutest

XO-Lisa

• Reply Kimberly December 20, 2017 at 2:42 pm

I love this haul! I have a few ladies on my list who would die over these! I’ll check out some for myself too!

• Reply becca December 20, 2017 at 6:11 pm

I seriously want all of this! I always tend to grab a few things for myself when i’m shopping for other people too.

• Reply Panchal December 20, 2017 at 11:55 pm

Beautiful sets of make up. But these are artificial and it is always good to look natural. thanks

• Reply Manisha from Modlotus December 21, 2017 at 2:54 am

Highlighter brush is so adorable and cute. great choice of gifts !!

• Reply Zesty Olive December 21, 2017 at 10:38 am

OMG – obsessed with the kabuki brush set! Great roundup of products here!

• Reply A- December 21, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Those brushes are beautiful!! I love the look of them!

A- simplylovely90.com

• Reply Vox December 22, 2017 at 4:49 am

Geez! Makeup is hella expensive! My daughter is a makeup junkie, so thanks for giving some ideas, but I think I will get her a Sephora gift card and let her do the choosing! Thanks for sharing, though.

• Reply Krissy December 26, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Nice post! I’ve been so tempted to try an illuminator.

• Reply Victoria December 29, 2017 at 9:22 pm

Ooo I’m a sucker for M.A.C! Those brushes look amazing.