7 essential products for terribly dry skin!

If you’re anything like me and have extremely dry skin, you need the products on this list. (side note: At first, I wasn’t going to discuss beauty products or skin care on my blog, but I decided that I’ll do occasional beauty/skin care posts to share my favorite products with you guys).

I’ll start off my telling you about my skin. I have oily skin on my face, which makes me reluctant to use certain moisturizers, but if I ever skip lotion, my skin hates me for it! I start getting dry patches and discoloration around my mouth if I don’t moisturize my face, so it’s a must that I do it every single day. I’ve also noticed that my eyelids and my lips get really dry too, especially after I wash my face. My body, mostly in the winter, is sooo dry! Specifically, my back, hands and feet.

The products on this list are all of my personal favorites, simply because they work for me! Every product I’m about to mention has helped me achieve smooth, hydrated skin, even in the winter! And I am hoping that, if you have dry skin too, at least a few of these products can help you out! Let’s get started!

Face

Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer. I love this stuff! With my oily skin, I’m always scared to use moisturizer, but this stuff is great. First of all, it’s oil-free (which is music to my ears, as I have acne-prone skin). Secondly, it acts as a moisturizer and a primer. It instantly blurs the look of pores and imperfections when you put it on and it makes your skin feel like velvet! I love it because when I use this product, I’m moisturizing and priming all in one step (my skin is instantly ready for makeup! Though this is great worn alone as well) It has a thick consistency, but I like it (it makes my skin feel so smooth)! Overall, if you’re looking for oil-free, all-day hydration and you’re okay with the feel of a velvety moisturizer, this is the stuff for you.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray (Rosewater). I know you probably hear about this product all the time, but it’s truly good! It’s super hydrating, so I love using it as a setting spray or when my skin feels dry and dull after a long day.

Eyes

Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream. I’ve tried quite a few eye creams over the past year, but this one is, by far, my favorite because of how moisturizing it is. I also like that it focuses on preventing wrinkles and not puffs. For some reason, when I use de-puffing eye creams, I wake up with puffy eyes ( I know, it’s the weirdest thing)! A little bit of this goes a long way and I love how it makes my eyes feel so soft and smooth!

Body

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil. My absolute favorite lotion right now! This stuff not only smells great, but it’s so moisturizing. It makes my skin incredibly soft and a little goes a long way (it just glides on)! I use this every day, all over my body and on my hands before bed (it’s great after a hot shower)! I’m obsessed. Josie’s whipped argan oil line has a variety of scents you can choose from. I’m currently using mango and it smells so good!

Nivea Essentially Enriched Body Lotion for dry to very dry skin. This lotion is my go-to! I have been using this for years and it never lets me down. It’s thick enough to keep my skin moisturized all day, but not too thick that it feels like glue. Applying this lotion is like splashing water on my dry skin, it’s so refreshing!

Nivea In-Shower Nourishing Body Lotion. I really enjoy this in-shower body lotion in the winter time. It gives me that extra boost of moisture that my dry skin needs. Even though it says you don’t have to use lotion after, I definitely still do!

Lips

Smith’s Strawberry Lip Balm. This lip balm is amazing. I put it on before I go to bed every night and I wake up with super soft lips. When my lips get really dry or cracked, this will restore the moisture in about two days! It also smells really good!

What are some of your favorite products for dry skin? Have you tried any of these? Let me know in the comments!

1. Louisa moss September 30, 2017 at 10:28 am

I’ve got dry skin so I’m happy to have some things to try. Great guide.

2. Afia Mensah September 30, 2017 at 11:08 am

The whipped argan oil sounds heavenly, Im definitely going to that a try that as well as the eye cream, and the rosewater. Thanks for the suggestions!

3. Rachel October 2, 2017 at 10:14 am

My son has terribly dry skin and uses the Nivea moisturizing body wash. (The in shower lotion makes the tub too slippery for him and he’s worried about falling in there, lol!)

4. Nadalie Bardowell October 2, 2017 at 11:44 am

This is a great post, some brands don’t cut it for me. Just in time before it starts to get colder as Fall is now upon us. Now I am ready to leave hand cream in every purse and in the car, thank you for reminding me.

5. Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine October 2, 2017 at 3:54 pm

I feel like my skin gets used to a brand and I have to keep switching it up every season!

6. Ana October 3, 2017 at 7:26 am

I have dry skin and it’s so crazy how missing one day of proper care affects how my skin looks and feels! Great post!!

7. Cher October 3, 2017 at 7:42 am

I love rose water!!! Winter is coming and so is dry skin. Love these suggestions.

8. meaghan October 3, 2017 at 8:54 am

As the weather gets cooler, my skin gets drier so this post is in good timing for me! I am running out to get the Nivea lotion and since I already have the spray I will be using it more religiously now.

9. cha October 3, 2017 at 8:58 am

Im gonna try this, hope it will work for me too.

10. Jillian October 3, 2017 at 9:13 am

Thanks for the tips – I need these bad!

11. Karla October 3, 2017 at 10:20 am

I have to try that Clinique moisturizer! My skin is oily as well so it’s been really hard to look for moisturizers that don’t oil up. Thanks for suggestions! x

12. Abigail October 3, 2017 at 11:47 am

This is such great information especially with harsh winter weather coming! Mario Badescu is one of my favorite brands. I definitely want to try the Rosewater Spray

13. ChrissyAdventures October 3, 2017 at 1:10 pm

At one time, my body went through a phase of dryness. I was constantly seeking that perfect product to moisturize and control the itch. There weren’t that many products out back then, about 20 years ago. I’m so glad that we have nevia now!

14. Amanda October 3, 2017 at 5:28 pm

Thanks for the tips! My skin is awful once it starts getting cold out so I will take this advice on these products!

15. TE Nusser October 3, 2017 at 8:12 pm

As I’m sitting here itching my horribly dry arms, this post was exactly what I needed to see! Love Nevia ;-).

16. Laura October 3, 2017 at 8:17 pm

I love the Mario mist, it’s a handbag must for me! I never thought to try the clinique moisturiser, I honestly thought it was designed for oily skin types haha

Laura || http://www.thelifeoflaura.com.au

17. Lauren October 3, 2017 at 8:22 pm

I’m always looking for great moisturizers for my hands and face! I Need to try these out!

18. April Kusewicz October 3, 2017 at 10:20 pm

These are great products, I’ve been using Nivea ever since, always works!

19. Katherine Gamble October 3, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Thank you for this! I suffer from dry skin and with the fall and winter seasons approaching I definitely will invest in these products.

20. Takeara October 3, 2017 at 10:37 pm

I’ve heard that Rosewater is really helpful; I may have to try it. The products you listed seem interesting. I’ll have to check them out!

21. Maninder October 3, 2017 at 10:56 pm

I have to try the Josie Marian oil, thanks for the suggestions.

22. Maninder October 3, 2017 at 10:56 pm

I have to try the Josie Marian oil, thanks for the suggestions.

Myfootprintsaroundtheglobe.com

23. Karla @ karlatravels October 3, 2017 at 11:51 pm

Love to spray rose water on my face and leaves it so fresh and moisturized!

Nivea is everything! My mom swears by it and its her favorite brand to hydrate face and body! Helps skin’s elasticity and its a must in the fall/winter 😉

24. Princy October 4, 2017 at 3:18 am

this is so informative. i am sure lot of us will benefit from it

25. thatssodarling October 4, 2017 at 11:10 am

Ugh my skin type is the exact opposite, great tips though! But I am also starting a new skin routine 🙂
    Thanks for sharing.